Thursday, August 6, 2009

Sad day in the Movie world

One of my biggest inspiration in script writing passed away. John Hughes who wrote some of the best 80's teen flick there is. He is most known for writing "The Breakfast Club", "Pretty in Pink", "Sixteen Candles", "Ferris Bueller's day off", "Home Alone", "National Lampoon's Vacation" and one of my all time faves "Some kind of Wonderful".
His movies made a few unknown actors into 80's icons like Molly Ringwald and John Cusack.
One of my goals was to meet him some. I am writing a script to be a movie some day and now he is gone :( Other writers/directors who inspire me are M. Night Shyamalan , Stephan King, but John hughes was my number one. So sad, i watch his movies often. Could never get enough watts from Some kind of Wonderful and little miss princess claire from The Breakfast Club, such classics. Another genius gone :( NOTE* I'll add the links later to this post, i really don't feel like it right now.
PhotobucketPRETTY N PINK Pictures, Images and Photossixteen candles Pictures, Images and PhotosSome Kind of Wonderful Pictures, Images and Photos

3 comments:

krista carlson said...

I am a child of the 80"s and these are all my favorite movies...Love em all...I watch them constantly and we have them on dvd...So fun...

NotJustAnotherBrickInTheWall said...

Oh i didnt see them. I'm year 1990. heh.... anyway, hope to see some of the movies!
I see some known actors, younger (:
Did you had some trouble with blog today? i had some :/ it really pissed me off LOL xD

Unknown said...

What a loss. Sixteen candles is one of my favorites! His movies are truly an integral part of our pop culture.