Thursday, September 12, 2013

Fashion Week: Betsey Johnson SS/14

 Just two weeks ago I was having a "Pretty in Pink" kind of night; remembering John Hughes by watching his movies. Today (9/11/13) during Betsey Johnson's SS/2014 Fashion Show the second song that played was the soundtrack from John Hughes movie "Pretty in Pink". I could not believe my ears, it made the show extra special and meaningful because to me Betsey Johnson is my John Hughes of Fashion. What a moment, to see BJ's show for the first time and hear a John Hughes sountrack. The show was everything I hoped it to be and more. The place was packed from one side to the other and here I was part of this great moment. Where time seem to stand still and everyone gets Betseyified. The models came out having fun and being playful with the photographer's and crowd. The music was great and everyone was in party mode all the sudden.

    The collections palette was mostly pale pink, some leopard prints and of course her signature tutu dresses. Also, the models wore large hoops earrings and gold chains with a simple "Betsey" written across. Their lipsticks were in pastel colors: baby blue, yellow, pale pink. I've been seeing baby blue being used a lot during this season. Maybe that will be the next big color.

And of course I want to thank POLYVORE who got the invites for both Betsey Johnson and Anna Sui. To be able to attend any show is beyond amazing. It was an honor to be a polyvore community correspondant. I'm still pitching myself ;)

























Photos: By me(paint)
Betsey Johnson's invite Courtsey of :WWD

Signing off..oxoxCoke Stains and Cupcakes..oxox Painthead™

No comments: