Tuesday, May 18, 2010

4 months ago a precious princess named Tatiana McLane got in contact with me in Polyvore.
We quickly hit it off and it's been so sweet getting to know her and having a peek into her life filled with cupcakes, Tea Parties and Magical fairy dust. At only 16 years old, this Fashion Designer gives us what every girl dreams of no matter how old you are. She is also no stranger to the famous faces/News Press of tinsel town, her designs have been rocked out by Hollywood Royalty like Jessica Simpson, Hilary Duff, Melissa Joan Hart, Sasha Cohen , Macy Gray, and the lovely Tarina Tarantino, this is just to name a few.

I was sent a magical package with some Queenie4ever goodies. I wore the awesome Pink Bow tee for my art show two weeks ago. I loved it, it was comfy, and i loved the distress look it had on the sleeves and trims, nice touch. Because the tee is sweet, but the distress added some chicness, for the rocker princess in you...tehe! The best part was, it was well fitted. I also had the honor to interview Tatiana. I'm sure this interview will bring many inspiration and will make a princess out of everyone who reads it.oxoxoxooxox
My designs are inspired by my love of Old Hollywood glamour, vintage styles especially 50s prom and party dresses, and upcoming trends.


2.
How and why did you come up with this clothing line?

I began my clothing line Queenie4ever when I was 9 years old to help my mom Venice Wong wardrobe style and image her clients. She is a music lawyer, and she moonlights as a wardrobe and image stylist to the entertainment industry including celebrities, rock stars, and new artists. I started making jewelry and custom pieces for celebrities. My first celebrity client was Backstreet Boy Howie Dorough. I made a custom men’s button down shirt and jacket for him to wear on stage. I flew out to Florida and got to see him perform in my outfit!


3.
Are there any designers you look up to?

I really look up to Betsey Johnson as a business template and inspiration, since she was able to build her company from the ground up without big investors. This way she was able to control her vision without the pressure of investors telling her what to do.


4.
Princesses and tea parties seem to be Queenie4ever's theme, Why princesses?

Everyone not just girls should be able to feel like Royalty for at least a day. For girls, I feel that they should treat themselves to being a Princess every once in a while to relax and just have fun dressing up and feeling pretty! One of the best ways that I enjoy feeling like a Princess is enjoying a fancy tea party with my friends. It’s a time to relax and eat yummy treats served on beautiful plates along with your favorite hot tea poured from a real China Tea Pot. Think of how magical being a guest at The Mad Hatter’s Tea Party would be or partaking in High Tea with Marie Antoinette dressed in elaborate wigs and fancy frocks made of silks and brocades.


5.
If you could be a disney princess, which one would you be and why?

I adore all the Disney Princesses. When I was a little girl, I had several Disney Princess theme birthday parties where I dressed up as the character. I live in So. Cal, so I am Lucky that my friends and I get to go to Disneyland several times a year to just hang out with Mickey and Minnie. I have even performed in the Disney Parade 3 times! I think it would be amazing to be one of the characters someday. Although I’ve been told I look more like Snow White, I would really love to be Mulan. Because I am part Asian, I identify with her. I always loved her story from the first time I saw it in the movie theater with my Mom. I also got to attend an event at the Disney Studios in Burbank when I was in Pre-school with my two best friends at the time sisters Sidonie Wolfskeil and Bella Wolfskeil. It was a premiere party for the movie with an exciting parade that included a Chinese dragon. We were served chow mein in cute takeout boxes. My 2 friends and I had a lot of fun eating noodles with our chopsticks, watching the parade, and taking photos. I also find Mulan’s story very inspiring, since she took the initiative to save her father which showed her bravery versus some of the other Disney Princesses are portrayed more like Damsels in Distress and helpless creatures just waiting to be rescued. I admire strong independent women like Mulan.


6.
I hear you are going to college soon, would you still be designing?

That’s true I am going to college soon. But, I will continue to design forever. Fashion designing is my life.


7.
What advice would you give other teen girls who want to become a designer?

To all the teen girls out there who aspire to be a fashion designer like me, I advise them to start out with an internship in the fashion industry. This is the best way to actually learn how the business works. It is a business and if you do not know how to run it properly, no matter how cute your designs may be, it will not succeed. I have a mentor that owns EM and Co Boutique in L.A. where I am the youngest in house designer. She has taught me a lot about the fashion business. Not only about designing for a market, but how to actually run my company such as setting price points, sourcing, marketing, production etc.


8.
What are your goals with Queenie4ever? Where do you see it in five years?

My goals for Queenie4ever are to open the Queenie4ever Boutiques in the United States starting with the L.A. Store and then continuing to open Boutiques globally. I plan to travel in the U.S. and to foreign countries to promote as well. In 5 years, I will be a proud college graduate and continuing to grow and promote the Queenie4ever Brand.


9.
Do you wear your own designs?

Yes. I love to wear my own Queenie4ever designs whenever I get a chance. Even though I have to wear a school uniform to school, I try to add my own special touch such as a girly satin bow in my hair. On weekends and time off from school though, I am head- to toe-Queenie4ever mixed with cool pieces from my vintage shopping finds. And, of course when I am promoting, I always wear a tiara.


10.
We all love candy and cupcakes, what is your guilty pleasure?

I absolutely love sweets! I enjoy eating desserts. My favorite dessert is Ice Cream Parfaits from Little Tokyo located in Downtown L.A..


11.
and last but not least tell us what is a typical day at the super fabulous queenie4ever headquarters?

A typical day at my superfab Queenie4ever headquarters begins with me waking up in my royal custom crafted bed by furniture maker to the Stars Joseph Wahl Arts located on Topanga in Woodland Hills outfitted with downy soft cotton sheets and vintage embroidered pillowcases from Rachel Ashwell’s Shabby Chic located on Montana Ave in Santa Monica, I don my school uniform- a blue pleated skirt, polo shirt emblazioned with my school emblem, white knees socks and brown loafers. My chauffeur drives me to school as I in the backseat tend to Queenie4ever business and prepare for the day. I also take a quick beauty nap before my ride pulls up to my prestigious Private School hidden behind guard gated fences. After a full day of classes, my chauffeur picks me up at school and drops me off at my personal assistant and manager’s offices where she fills me in on my schedule for the day or week if it’s a Monday. While I do my homework, my assistant orders my lunch. I may have several meetings which may include meeting with my graphic artist department or my patternmaker. If it’s a Wednesday, I go to Dance Team Practice in the evening. Otherwise, I may have a promotional event to attend or an interview on TV or Radio, so my personal hair and makeup artist will arrive and help me get Hollywood Princess Red Carpet ready. After my day has finally come to an end, my driver takes me home back to my Royal Residence located in the posh City of Angels, Glamorous Los Angeles, California. Please visit my glamorous Queenie4ever Kingdom at www.Queenie4ever.com

XOXO Princess Tatiana Mclane
Follow her Twitter
Add her on FACEBOOK
Add her on Polvore






Top: Queenie4ever
Layered tutu's: Black, Joyce lesile. Pink, Claire's
Shoes: Barefoot


We also held a contest in Polyvore and here are some of the winners and other sets featuring Queenie4ever designs.

1st Place

2nd Place

3rd Place


Signing off...oxox Coke Stains and Cupcakesoxox..PaintHead

4 comments:

TheStrawberryFields said...

Ive never heard of her i definately need to check her out,so fun bright and gorgeous things!

JIM Designs said...

Great new photos :)

JIM Designs said...

I was hoping for a specific blog about your art gallery show!

Mylovelycat said...

Lovely interview! Thanks for featuring my set too!