Tuesday, August 18, 2009


Lately i have been thinking of my childhood. I seriously believe what we loved back then shaped us to who we are today. This is why i say this. I love candy, colors, cupcakes, unicorn, bunnies and all things sparkly. Sometimes i wonder why i love these things so much. Looking at photo's of me being five or six i had on some PJ's with two bears hanging on to a lollipop. Then i went through my junk box and found some awesome Lisa Frank stickers...awwwww memory lane. I had all that stuff and even joined her membership club *sniff*

Lisa Frank, incase you don't know her, she was very popular in the 80's and early 90's. She create a world full of unicorns, rainbows, floating candy and sparkly flowers with glitter and hologram butterflies. Then i found one of my folders with two unicorns and a big rainbow. Finally it hit me, that even as a child i loved these things. The things i truly love are really ME.
I remember looking at her artwork and daydreaming for hours, especially at school where i was picked on for my style of clothing. Lisa Frank was my escape even if it was for a little while. It may sound cheesey, but i give her all the credit for me being such a sucker for all things magical, colorful and sparkly, and OMG let's not forget the trapper keepers.
Frank is still around, still creating school supplies for future generations and recently teamed up with Ed Hardy to create some awesome notebooks.




Lisa Frank


4 comments:

KITKAR101PATD said...

ohmygod! i remember lisa frank! i had tons of stickers and folders and pens & things! ahah. i forgot all about her, and i remembered that i was OBSESSED. lol

GypsyFox said...

OMY wow I remember Lisa Frank & LOVED her as well.. =) OMG I love your new button too, gonna add it! thanks for always being reasurring about my absence & don;t worry about the "thing" take your timne honey! love ya

JIM Designs said...

Yes, I remember! Such a beautiful dreamy world!

NotJustAnotherBrickInTheWall said...

Oh so cuutee!! I know her stuff!