Thursday, August 1, 2013

AustenLand

AustenLand

On Monday, my sister in law and myself went to a special screening of Austenland.
It is a charming romantic comedy movie starring the lovely Kerri Russell , she plays a single 30-something (Jane Hayes) who admires Jane Austen novels, but also has a particular obsession with Mr. Darcy, "The proudest and most disagreeable man in the world". When I say "Obsession" I mean OBSESSION. I will not ruin the movie for you with "spoilers" so don't worry.  Jane Hayes takes a fantastic trip to England to take part in a Jane Austen theme park. Where the attendees get to play a role as if they were from a Jane Austen novel. 
The costumes were ok; alittle plane Jane for my taste and not something I would drool over. But overall the costumes were a proper representation of that era.
I too love Jane Austen novels, my favorite by far is "Mansfield Park". You know your a fan when you can quote a few dialogues from the book or movie. Austenland is worth watching, it is a great summer movie. It is full of romance, wit and it certainly does not lack any amusement; just like a true Austen novel. Austenland is scheduled for release in the USA on August 16, 2013. 








No comments: